|Article title||THE POSSIBILITY OF USING THE EFFECT OF THE NON-LINEAR ACOUSTICAL WAVES SCATTERING IN MEDICAL DIAGNOSTICS|
|Authors||S.A. Vilov, I.N. Didenkulov, A.I. Mart’yanov, N.V. Pronchatov-Rubtsov|
|Section||SECTION III. ACOUSTIC METHODS AND DEVICES IN MEDICOBIOLOGICAL PRACTICE|
|Month, Year||10, 2014 @en|
|Abstract||The work is devoted to an experimental verification of a method using the difference frequency Doppler Effect to determine a blood velocity. This method is based on simultaneous action of two high-frequency primary acoustic waves with closed frequencies on bubbles and registration of the scattered by bubbles acoustic field at the difference frequency. Advantages of this method application in medical diagnosis problems in comparison with using of the linear Doppler Effect are described. The theoretical conclusion of the basic equations based on the physical properties of an air bubble defining communication between the movement speed of a bubble and frequency shift of the signal disseminated by it in relation to frequencies of rating waves is given. The experiment conducted by authors, confirming the received theoretical equations, as well as the ability of the method to be applied in medical diagnostics and in technical applications on measurement of flow velocities in liquids with strong sound attenuation is described. It is shown that the Doppler spectrum form depends on bubble concentration velocity distribution in the primary acoustic beams crossing zone that allows one to measure the flow velocity distribution. Disadvantages of the method and prospects of further research in this field are discussed.|
|Keywords||Non-linear scattering; blood velocity; Doppler Effect.|
|References||1. Pokrovskiy V.M., Korot'ko G.F. Fiziologiya cheloveka [Human physiology]. Moscow: Meditsina, 2007, 656 p.
2. Hill С.R. (ed) Physical Principles of Medical Ultrasonics. New York: Chichester, 1986.
3. Clay C., Medwin H. Acoustic oceanography: principle and applications. New York: Chichester, 1977.
4. Hoff L. Acoustic properties of ultrasound contrast agents, Ultrasonics, 1996, Vol. 34, pp. 591-593.
5. Phillips D., Chen X., Baqqs R., Rubens D., Vicolante M., Parker K.J. Acoustic backscatter properties of the particle/bubble ultrasoubd contrast agent, Ultrasonics, 1998, Vol. 36, pp. 883-892.
6. Chereshneva Yu.N, Mit'kov V.V. Kontrastnye veshchestva v ul'trazvukovoy diagnostike [Contrast agents in ultrasound diagnostics] (obzor literatury), Ul'trazvukovaya diagnostika [Ultrasonic Diagnostics], 1999, No. 2, pp. 6-13.
7. Ostrovskiy L.A., Gurbatov S.N., Didenkulov I.N. Nelineynaya akustika v Nizhnem Novgorode [Nonlinear acoustics in Nizhny Novgorod], Akusticheskiy zhurnal [Akusticheskij Zhurnal], 2005, Vol. 51, No. 2, pp. 150-166.
8. Didenkulov I.N., Kustov L.M., Mart'yanov A.I., Pronchatov-Rubtsov N.V. Akusticheskaya diagnostika puzyr'kovykh ob"ektov v zhidkosti [Acoustic diagnostics bubble of interest in the fluid], Akusticheskiy zhurnal [Akusticheskij Zhurnal], 2011, Vol. 57, No. 2, pp. 251-257.
9. Tikhonov V.A., Didenkulov I.N., Pronchatov-Rubtsov N.V. Chislennoe modelirovanie dvizheniya gazovykh puzyr'kov v protochnom rezonatore [Numerical simulation of the motion
of gas bubbles in the flowing resonator], Akusticheskiy zhurnal [Akusticheskij Zhurnal], 2013, Vol. 59, No. 4, pp. 445-451.
10. Gurbatov S.N., Demin I.Yu., Pronchatov-Rubtsov N.V. Chislennoe i fizicheskoe modelirovanie rasprostraneniya nizkochastotnykh akusticheskikh voln v mediko-biologicheskikh sredakh [Numerical and physical modeling of the propagation of low-frequency acoustic waves in biomedical environments], Izvestiya YuFU. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences, 2009, No. 10 (99), pp. 133-138.
11. Leighton T.G. The Acoustic Bubble. London: Academic Press, 1994.
12. Chapelon J.Y., Cathignol D., Newhouse V.L., Shankar P.M. A double frequency Doppler technique for bubble size measurement, Proc. IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium, 1987, pp. 885-888.
13. Chapelon J.Y., Newhouse V.L., Cathignol D., Shankar P.M. Bubble detection and sizing with a double frequency Doppler system, Ultrasonics, 1988, Vol. 26, pp. 148-154.
14. Burns P.N., Powers J.E., Simpson D.H. Harmonic power mode Doppler using microbubble contrast agents: An improved method for small vessel flow imaging, Proc. IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium, 1994, pp. 1547-1550.
15. Chang P.H., Shung K.K., Wu S.J., Levene H.B. Second harmonic imaging and harmonic Doppler measurements with Albunex, IEEE Trans. Ultrason. Ferroelectr. Freq. Control, 1995, Vol. 42, pp. 1020-1027.
16. Chang P.H., Shung K.K., Levene H.B. Quantitative measurements of second harmonic Doppler using ultrasound contrast agents, Ultrasound Med. Biol., 1996, Vol. 22, pp. 1205-1214.
17. Didenkulov I.N., Yoon S.W., Sutin A.M., Kim E.J. Nonlinear acoustic Doppler effect and its use for bubble flow velocity measurement, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 1999, Vol. 106, pp. 2431-2435.
18. Sutin A.M., Yoon S.W., Kim E.J., Didenkulov I.N. Nonlinear acoustic method for bubble density measurements in water, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 1998, Vol. 103, pp. 2377-2384.