|Article title||OBJECT ANALYSIS OF THE ACOUSTIC FIELD CREATED BY VARIOUS SOURCES OF SOUND IN THE RANDOM ROOM|
|Authors||Yu. V. Mirgorodskaya, M. V. Bernavskaya, L. G. Statsenko, A. A. Chusov, N. A. Cherkasova|
|Section||SECTION I. METHODS AND MEANS OF ACOUSTIC MONITORING|
|Month, Year||06, 2018 @en|
|Abstract||The paper proposes a tool for analyzing the acoustic field created by various sound sources in a random room. This tool is based on the author"s implementation algorithm and object model defined by objects, classes and their interactions in accordance with the UML2.5 specification and can be used to create automated systems for modeling the acoustic characteristics of the premises. The model was considered by the authors in previous works. This paper provides a new implementation algorithm. It supports the method of parallel-distributed modeling, the most important property of which is the parallelization of individual tasks for execution on different processors for increasing performance and accuracy of calculations. This algorithm forms the basis of an experimental instance of the CAMaaS (Computer-Aided Modeling as a Service) software environment developed under the Federal Target Program “Research and Development of Highly Parallel Algorithmic Software and Modeling Methods and Their Implementation for High-Performance Software and Hardware Platforms”. The sample is based on a high-performance software and hardware system, hardware represented in the form of a distributed four-cluster platform, with symmetric multiprocessing and multi-core, as well as with CUDA solvers. For approbation of the instrument, numerical calculations and field measurements of the acoustic characteristics of the room were performed. The measurements were performed by certified equipment in accordance with the requirements of ISO 3382-1-2013. The conference hall of the Far Eastern Federal University was chosen as the object of research. The results of the experiment showed that deviations from the optimal reverberation time are 14.3–26.5 % at different points in the conference room under study, which does not meet accepted standards and leads to a deterioration in speech intelligibility. It has been defined that the experimental instance has an exponential dependence of the consumed resources on the depth of the secondary sources taken into account, which may make it possible to apply the presented object model for the implementation of software for modeling physical fields of any complexity.|
|Keywords||The object model; architectural acoustics; computer Modelling; language UML2.5.|
|References||1. Lane M.Yu. Komp'yuternoe modelirovanie pri akusticheskom proektirovanii pomeshcheniya [Computer modeling in acoustic design of rooms], Shou-Master [Show-Master], 2012, No. 2 (69), 88 p. Available at: http://www.showmaster.ru/categories/kompyuternoe_ modelirovanie_pri_akusticheskom_proektirovanii_pomeshcheniya.html.
2. Pompei A., Sumbatyan M.A., Todorov N.F. Virtual'nye komp'yuternye modeli v akustike pomeshcheniy: metod luchevykh traektoriy i algoritmy auralizatsii [Computer models in room acoustics: The ray tracing method and the auralization algorithms], Akusticheskiy zhurnal [Akusticheskij zhurnal], 2009, Vol. 55, No. 6, pp. 760-771.
3. Akul'kin N.V., Maslov O.N. Imitatsionnoe modelirovanie statisticheskikh kharakteristik prostranstvenno-vremennykh signalov i volnovykh poley: nauchnoe izdanie [Simulation modeling of statistical characteristics of space-time signals and wave fields: scientific publication], Radiotekhnika i elektronika [Radio engineering and electronics], 2005, Vol. 50, No. 8, pp. 961-968. ISSN 0033-8494.
4. Chusov A.A., Mirgorodskaya Yu.V. Programmno-algoritmicheskoe obespechenie «Acoustic Modeler +» dlya akusticheskogo rascheta i ozvucheniya pomeshcheniy [Software and algorithmic support “Acoustic Modeler +” for acoustic calculation and sound of rooms], Vologdinskie chteniya [Vologda readings]. Vladivostok: Izd-vo DVGTU, 2009, pp. 85. ISSN 2219-7389.
5. Todorov N.F. Osobennosti auralizatsii i analiz sovremennogo sostoyaniya komp'yuternykh sistem modelirovaniya akustiki pomeshcheniy [Features of auralization and analysis of the current state of computer systems for modeling room acoustics], Sb. trudov aspirantov i soiskateley RGU [Collection of works of graduate students and applicants RSU – Collection of works of graduate students and applicants RSU]. Rostov-on-Don – TSVVR, 2007.
6. Hodgson M., York N., Yang W. Comparison of predicted, measured and auralized sound fields with respect to speech intelligibility in classrooms using CATT Acoustic and ODEON, Acta Acustica united with Acustica, 2008, Vol. 94, pp. 883-890.
7. EASE features, Berlin, Germany. Available at: http://ease.afmg.eu/index.php/features.html.
8. Voevodin V.V. Parallel'nye struktury algoritmov i program [Parallel structures of algorithms and programs]. Moscow: OVM AN SSSR, 1987, 148 p.
9. Mikov A.I., Zamyatina E.B. Raspredelennye sistemy i algoritmy. Kurs lektsiy [Distributed systems and algorithms. Lecture course]. Moscow: INTUIT, 2008, 287 p.
10. Norenkov I.P. Osnovy avtomatizirovannogo proektirovaniya: ucheb. dlya vuzov [Basics of Computer Aided Design: university textbook]. 4th ed. Moscow: Izd-vo MGTU im. N.E. Baumana, 2001, 430 p.
11. Chusov A.A. Applying methods of parallel and distributed computations for online-forecasting of sound velocity field stochasticity levels during acoustical experiments of long-distance propagation, Proc. of the Sci. Conf. “Session of the Scientific Council of Russian Academy of Science on Acoustics and XXV Session of the Russian Acoustical Society”, 2012, pp. 493-496.
12. Chusov A.A., Statsenko L.G. Razrabotka adaptiruemykh raspredelennykh sistem parallel'nogo modelirovaniya, analiza i vizualizatsii fizicheskikh poley: monografiya [Developing adaptable distributed systems of parallel simulation, analysis, and visualization of physical fields: monography]. School of Engineering of FEFU. Vladivostok: Dal'nevost. federal. un-t, 2014, 166 p.
13. OMG Unified Modeling Language TM (OMG UML). OMG Document Number: formal/2015-03-01. Available at: http://www.omg.org/spec/UML/2.5/PDF.
14. Katunin G.P., Lapaev O.A. Proektirovanie i raschet akusticheskikh parametrov pomeshcheniy: ucheb. posobie [Design and calculation of acoustic parameters of the premises: university textbook]. Novosibirsk: SibGUTI, 2000, 100 p.
15. Krendall I.B. Akustika [Acoustics]. Moscow: KomKniga, 2007, 168 p.
16. Statsenko L.G., Paskal' Yu.V. Akustika studiy zvukovogo i televizionnogo veshchaniya. Sistemy ozvuchivaniya: ucheb.-metod. posob. [Acoustics sound and television broadcasting studios. Sound systems: study guide for universities]. Vladivostok: Izd-vo DVGTU, 2006, 96 p.
17. Chusov A.A., Statsenko L.G., Mirgorodskaya Yu.V. Physical fields parallel simulation using automated distributed systems, International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS 2013), Barcelona, Spain. Available at: http://www.iccs-meeting.org/iccs2013/papers/ schedule.php?session=W63b.
18. Neubauer R., Kostek B. Prediction of the Reverberation Time in Rectangular Rooms with NonUniformly Distributed Sound Absorption, Archives of Acoustics, 2001, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 183-201.
19. Kuligin C.N., Chusov A.A., Lysenko A.P., Statsenko L.G., Cherkasova N.A. Parallel'nyy algoritm chislennogo modelirovaniya akusticheskogo polya s uchetom rasseivaniya zvuka pri pereotrazheniyakh [Parallel algorithm for numerical simulation of the acoustic field taking into account sound scattering by re-reflections], Vestnik Inzhenernoy shkoly DVFU [Bulletin of FEFU Engineering school], 2016, No. 4 (29), pp. 16-23. Available at: https://www.dvfu.ru/ vestnikis/archive-editions/4-29/1/.
20. Mezhdunarodnyy standart ISO3382: – measurement of reverberation time of rooms with reference to other acoustical parameters [International Standard ISO3382: – measurement of reverberation time of rooms with reference to other acoustical parameters].